Friday, April 02, 2010

I have a dream... part II.

Things got really interesting the past week as I researched and learned more about opening up a shop in Decatur. I have decided that it would be a better idea to build a brand new complex with additional spaces to rent, and have my video production business as the anchor store, as opposed to re-habing a place in old Decatur, as much as I love that area.

Other features I have decided that would be worthwhile are:
  1. finding a photographer to rent a space
  2. finding a florist to rent a space
  3. finding a caterer to rent a space
Then it would be like finding all your major wedding vendors in one convenient spot. All office spaces would be equipped cable tv ready.

Additionally, I'm looking into opening a coffee shop/deli type restaurant, that doesn't feature fru fru food, but rather good ol' favorites. It would also be set up to host live music on the weekends (most of which I already own equipment for and can use).  The idea is by having a restaurant on site, it would theoretically give the other businesses window time.

Other details about the restaurant would be, it would offer free wi-fi and be indoors/outdoors with the outside portion being screened in, to keep bugs out. This would make it much more pleasant for guests. As far as design, right now I'm thinking about something pretty fly with like a big fountain/rocks/waterfall thing going on and outside music.

Another thing I would like to try at the complex would be running my own set of vending machines, which are easily stocked and purchased from Sam's club for very reasonable prices.

I am actually working on drafting up some floor plans to start putting this whole idea into a tangible form.

Now, the only hard part is, finding property in a good location, paying for it and finding businesses to move in!

No comments: