Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Hard Life

Of course it's anedotal, but I've been on this audit now for 3 days and I am so glad I do not work in a factory/production line environment. Do what you gotta do, obviously, but man if people knew what a hard road it is if you don't make some educational choices while you're young...I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a laborer, but there are certainly some better positions to be in.

In other news, I've seen some friends and acquaintances complaining about their health care plans changing and premiums going up along with higher deductibles. I'm guessing this is a result of free healthcare America is getting. Sometime. Eventually in about 4 more years.

I'm liking this lady who stood up and confronted Obama at that townhall or whatever it was earlier this week. I think a lot of people are realizing now that, "Hey things aint all rosey!". But at least the recession is over, right?

What is the real unemployment number? Does anyone know?  The media always reports the 9-10 percent number, but then there is this U-6 measure which is supposedly more accurate. So why is this one not discussed? It's 16-17 percent.

Social Security is a stupid idea. You and me paying for someone else's retirement is what it amounts to. 15% of our paychecks go to this. If you make $40,000/yr, that's $6,000 going to a retirement pool that in all liklihood no one my age (35) will ever see. What a waste. Every man for himself is a much better approach on the retirement issue. Even today, with $6,000 I can invest it and end up with more for retirement.

No comments: