Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!

2010 was an exciting year for me and 2011 is going to be even better.

I have been toying with the idea of teaching a photography class and still in the back of my mind have the idea of one day teaching guitar. I probably should have done guitar first, but with the proliferation of digital cameras, it seems to make more sense to offer a beginner's photography class and teach those who don't understand how to use their point and shoot or DSLR.

In other news, my wife's foot went through the ceiling into the kitchen was we were cleaning out the attic yesterday, so my new year's day is going to involve trying to find a sheet rock repair guy and painter.

Here's something else house related: we hired a house cleaner. I can't believe it. I was always against hiring someone to clean house. I thought it was just unnecessary. But after having her here (she cleaned all day from 9 to 5), it freed up so much time, for us. I mean, it's not like we don't clean either, but having someone there to do it seems like the thing to do.

On Saturday, Shayla some friends over and we went to Huntsville. It was New Year's day and everything closed at 6:00. Is that normal? When I worked retail I don't remember closing early on Jan 1. It would seem to me if you are in business, you'd want to stay open when everyone else is off to benefit from the shoppers.

On Sunday, we tried Huntsville again. We went bowling and then did Krispy Kreme. Yum!

Today, I was off work and I spent most of the day upstairs cleaning up the studio. This afternoon we got some stuff ready for donation and I dropped it off. My parents came over for dinner and we hung out.

Water in the city of Decatur is out today. So, that makes things interesting. Fortunately, I live by the boyscout motto "Be prepared" and we keep about a 2 week running supply of food and water on hand for emergencies. I highly recommend everyone do that. Bottled water is cheap (2  -32 packs at Sams Club for like $8). We also keep instant breakfast shakes on hand by the box (22 per box I think it is). We also keep assorted Granola bars and snacks in a rotation, along with charcoal and fire stuff in case we need to cook. Just be prepared!

No comments: